Articles on this Page
- 11/09/18--02:37: _MB6-898 Request tim...
- 11/09/18--02:59: _Tip #1189: Fill SVG...
- 11/09/18--03:00: _Hands On with Micro...
- 11/09/18--03:31: _How to get rid of "...
- 11/09/18--04:00: _Which country versi...
- 11/09/18--04:38: _Import and export M...
- 11/09/18--04:40: _Import and export M...
- 11/09/18--07:19: _CRM for Distributio...
- 11/09/18--07:22: _CDS Data Integrator...
- 11/09/18--07:28: _What’s new in the O...
- 11/09/18--07:57: _System Information ...
- 11/09/18--08:00: _Embrace new Dynamic...
- 11/09/18--08:12: _NAV Cumulative Upda...
- 11/09/18--08:14: _Project Service: De...
- 11/09/18--09:58: _Help Employees Opti...
- 11/09/18--10:58: _Dynamics CRM to Sla...
- 11/09/18--11:15: _Generating JSON Doc...
- 11/09/18--11:23: _Microsoft Dynamics ...
- 11/09/18--12:30: _How to refresh a ca...
- 11/09/18--12:36: _The following manag...
- 11/09/18--02:37: MB6-898 Request time-off in the People workspace
- 11/09/18--02:59: Tip #1189: Fill SVG files for all occasions
- 11/09/18--04:38: Import and export MS Flow - Part 1
- 11/09/18--04:40: Import and export MS Flow - Part 2
- 11/09/18--07:19: CRM for Distribution Webinar
- Giving your Sales Team easy access to ERP data
- Identifying your ongoing costs to serve your customers and knowing your profitability
- Ranking your customers in a manner that makes sense for your organization
- Exploring Sales History and Identify Trends based on Quotes, Orders and Invoices natively in Dynamics 365
- Automatically update Account and Contact data in your ERP system via built-in bidirectional integration
- And more!
- 11/09/18--07:22: CDS Data Integrator templates - step by step guides
- 11/09/18--07:28: What’s new in the October 2018 release webinar for Business Central?
- 11/09/18--07:57: System Information in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications include hundreds of new capabilities across Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Portals, Omni-channel Engagement Hub, Field Service, Project Service, Social Engagement, Finance and Operations, Talent, Retail, and Business Central. We’re also introducing a new set of mixed reality experiences using Microsoft Layout and Microsoft Remote Assist.
- New intelligence applications employ decades of AI work pioneered by Microsoft Research to make Dynamics 365 more intelligent. You can enhance sales performance and planning with the new Dynamics 365 AI for Sales application.
- New Power Platform capabilities combine Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, the Common Data Service for Apps, and Power BI dataflows into an unmatched palette of tools to extend, customize, and integrate Dynamics 365 and Office 365 into your environment.
- Data integration provides built-in connectivity to the Power Platform and more, with data across hundreds of business systems, enabling rich and intelligent experiences. The Common Data Model provides semantic consistency for canonical business entities across Dynamics 365, Common Data Service for Apps, and Power BI dataflows, increasing value and saving time for application developers, ISV partners, and integrators.
- Deeper integrations with other Microsoft products offer seamless experiences with Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Stream, Azure, and LinkedIn. We’ve enhanced Dynamics 365 with data and signal from Office 365 and Bing.
- Performance, usability, and supportability enhancements improve the applications and underlying platform, and provide a better experience for you to run your businesses.
- Release Notes
- Technical Readiness for Fall Launch Landing Page
- Sales Readiness for Fall Launch Landing Page
- Sign up for upcoming community calls
- Join our Yammer community
- Read the blog series
- Watch community calls on-demand
- 11/09/18--08:12: NAV Cumulative Updates for November 2018
- 11/09/18--08:14: Project Service: Decoding Security Errors
- 11/09/18--09:58: Help Employees Optimize Every Healthcare Dollar with HooPayz
- Where should I go for a procedure or to get a prescription?
- Which provider is in-network?
- Can I go out of network?
- What are the costs for specialist services?
- How do I deal with billing mistakes?
- What if medical bills are piling up and I can’t manage the increasing debt?
- Price options: The price-checking feature provides information about healthcare choices. Employees receive fair, local prices for the services or prescriptions they may need.
- Physician and provider locator: Employees have access to the details regarding the available physicians and providers located within network. They can determine who is taking new patients, whether physicians are board certified, and review other options to choose the right physician or specialist.
- Billing support: Medical billing can be very confusing, which is distracting and concerning when an employee is trying to heal from injury or illness. HooPayz provides experts who understand medical billing and can verify costs, fix errors and help employees save money.
- Medical debt: Medical bills can add up quickly and bill collectors aren’t patient. Personal Advisors will help employees establish payment plans when needed and will represent your employees with healthcare systems or collectors. This support can take a lot of time and effort, not to mention concern, off your employees during a difficult time.
- Caregiver support and additional services: The HooPayz concierge service will help employees find caregiver support, resources or other care options. There are additional support services for mental health and addictive disorders, as well as detailed concierge services for executives.
- 11/09/18--10:58: Dynamics CRM to Slack Integration - How to
- 11/09/18--11:15: Generating JSON Document from SQL Query
- 11/09/18--12:30: How to refresh a calling form in Dyn365FO with a simple code?
From the leave and absence tab on the people workspace you can request time off by clicking the menu line and + Request time off.
In the new window you register type of leave, dates, attachments,...(read more)
I thought we chewed SVG to death and even showed how to create SVG images for a Minecraft Dynamics deployment but Tom-Richard “Another CRM Viking” Follegg proved me wrong. (Would you like to earn a “George is wrong” sticker? Send your tip to email@example.com!)
By default, when we create modern .SVG files for Dynamics, these should have black fill color to work properly. Dynamics then replaces the fill color if you use it in the menu or entity.
This is not the case if you want to use the same files as a Ribbon button. If the fill color is set to black, the default CSS in the Ribbon in Unified Interface will not change the color of the image. You will end up with a black image in the App Ribbon because the fill value in the .SVG file overwrites the CSS value in Dynamics.
Here is a simple trick for using .SVG files in the Unified Interface App Ribbon that also works in all Apps including that for a phone.
Open the .SVG file in Notepad, and find the fill value of the .SVG
Remove the color value so that you are left with only fill=””
Now the standard CSS in Dynamics will fill the image with correct color in the UI App.
It also renders fine in the Phone App.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 was released on the 2nd October. In this series of posts, I’ll be going hands on and installing the majority of the components; some of them, such as Analysis Cubes for Excel, which are little used, I won’t be covering.
The series index will automatically update as posts go-live in this series.
In an early post of this series, I installed the Microsoft Dynamics GP client; while installing the client isn;t complicated, it is easy to get the wrong features selected during the installation. There is a way of building an installation package which automates the selection of langauges, features and paths.
Creating an installation package is done via the setup utility; select Create Installation Package from under the Install heading:
Enter the Installation Location and click Next:
Make sure the Country/Region Selection is correct and click Next:
Select all of the features which are to be installed and click Next:
Enter the full Instance name in the SQL Server Name field and confirm the System Database Name and click Next:
Set the folder location of the Forms and Reports dictionaries and click Next:
Set the folder location of the OLE Notes and Letters files and click Next:
Click Install to start the installation:
Once the installation package creation has finioshed, click Exit:
The installation package is run by double clicking on the created exe file; the Dymamics GP client with all options selected while creating the installation package, thereby removing the risk of errors when installing many clients.
Hello AX World, Have you ever got bored of the following message when opening a form? " Click the edit button to make changes. ", or " Haga clic en el botón de edición para realizar cambios...(read more)
Today, when Dynamics 365 Business Central is shipped in 28 countries, it is important to know how our service figures out which localization a specific customer is going to get, when they sign up for the...(read more)
Today, I will be discussing about how to import and export MS flow. Importing and exporting is one of the common operations which are required for any functionality whenever we want to moving or use it...(read more)
This part is the continuation of MS flow import and export functionality blog. So, today I will be discussing about how to import MS flow on your environment. Following steps are required for importing...(read more)
CRM for Distribution Powered by Microsoft Dynamics 365
CRM for Distribution is a Microsoft Certified Solution that is built specifically for Wholesale Distributors and based upon the industry leading Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM platform. This solution was built from the ground up to enable Wholesale Distributors to market more effectively, expertly manage their sales process and provide world-class customer service. It is Certified by Microsoft for Microsoft Dynamics and provides tight bi-directional integration with your ERP system enabling you to have a centralized Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Field Service Database.
CRM for Distribution includes Data Sync Cloud which is a subscription based bi-directional integration engine that puts all of your mission critical ERP data to work within the application. This includes Customers, Ship-to’s, Vendors, Suppliers, Sales History, Orders, Quotes, Contacts, Invoices, Items, Inventory, Pricing and much more. Every thing that a sales person requires to see throughout the sales cycle.
Join us for a more in depth look at CRM for Distribution on Thursday, November 15th at 11:00 AM ET/8:00 AM PT.
A few of the scenarios we will walk through:
If you have any questions about CRM for Wholesale Distribution, how ERP to CRM Integration works, or about how we can implement this great product into your existing infrastructure, please get in touch with us today.
Beringer Technology Group, a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM for Distribution. We also provide expert Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Based Computing and Unified Communication Solutions.
I am happy to share with you two walkthroughs on how to configure and run the CDS Data Integrator templates - Prospect to Cash and Field Service Integration between Dynamics 365 for Sales/Field...(read more)
Back in October, Microsoft launched a massive update for Business Central and we want to tell you all about it. In this webinar, we’ll be reviewing the updates and demonstrating how they can change the way you run your business. We’re excited to share the newest updates in Business Central and keeping everyone informed of the latest industry news. Some of the updates that we’ll be discussing are:
1.New Search Experience
2.List enhancements and smart list smart list-type functions
3.New G/L entry user experience
Date: Wednesday November 21, 2018
Time: 2:00PM-2:30PM EST
Small tip – huge advantage – and one I forgot about until AJ reminded me of it yesterday: the “system information” page in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Centeral. An – as far as I know – undocumented feature, but one worth mentioning!
When on Business Central, Microsoft will be deciding when a tenant will be upgraded to a certain version – and you might be wondering “what is the current version of Business Central of this customer“. Well, simple: just open the “System Information” from the “Tell me what you want to do” (aka: “the search”, aka “the ALT+Q”), like this:
And there is your info:
Yesterday, we had a Business Central tenant which was still on 12.3.. . We quickly knew why we still didn’t have a few events and such.. ;-).
Is that all info?
No! The system can give you more information – and this is where it really gets interesting, in my opinion. If you have any kind of error and you want to know more about it – well – just open the System Information page, and you’ll get the error, the error code, the call stack information about the error .. all interesting information to get to the bottom of it! Here are two screenshots. Can you read what happened?
Have a nice weekend!
The Microsoft engineering and product teams deliver again with the October 2018 release!
The massive investments in IP, sales motions, and new product development made together by the partner community and Microsoft to keep us at the top of the leader board in innovation, product uptake, and customer value! We’ve seen a lot of fascinating new IP and product extensions at events such as Inspire, Digital Transformation Academy, The Business Applications Summit, Ignite, the Dynamics User Group Summit, and Inner Circle—with even more coming at Extreme365.
Following the annual summer and fall rounds of conventions, summits, and inner circle events, we’re coming to the mid-point (H1) in Microsoft’s fiscal year, the beginning of a new fiscal year for many in our partner community. We’re seeing the results of partner and Microsoft investment in great new content from our product teams and partner community, in the form of industry-focused content on AppSource and in OCP Catalog. D365 Business Central has had an inspiring start, with many GP, SL, and CRM partners taking up the product as a complementary revenue stream to their existing product lineup—offering great value to our shared customer base, and an SaaS-based offering to drive incremental monthly recurring revenue.
In the same vein, we’re seeing many of our partners begin to cross-sell Office 365, the Power Platform, and Azure-related services around Data & AI, Cognitive Services, and storage. These are all great motions that drive additional revenue for the partner community and are in line with broader market trends across SMB, SMC, and EC customer market segments.
The types of questions we’re hearing at the One Commercial Partner (OCP) team continue to be around readiness, technical readiness, practice development, and—from our ISV partners—how to go to market through the indirect partner sales channel or with the Microsoft field sellers to introduce industry-specific solutions and create a differentiated sale. With that in mind, here are a few guidelines and insights for fall sales and technical readiness motions:
We’re looking forward to seeing you on our next community call on November 13, when we’ll go over some of the new features from the October 2018 release, so until then. Happy selling!
Business Applications Technical Community
Keep your Microsoft Dynamics NAV System up to date by installing this fresh batch of Cumulative Updates. Simply follow the link of your version below and you will get all the details you need to know about...(read more)
After upgrading to the latest version of PSA, we had some users send in reports of security errors when performing some common operations. The errors look something like this:
At first glance, this...(read more)
Rising healthcare costs spell trouble for both employees and your business. Managing multiple healthcare providers, confusing bills, and growing medical debt puts great financial stress on employees. In turn, employees become distracted, less productive, and absenteeism rises.
How do you help employees manage healthcare costs? Meet HooPayz. This simple, yet powerful, solution will reduce health spending, improve productivity and provides advocates for your employees when they need it the most.
Making Informed Healthcare Decisions Isn’t as Easy as You Might Think
Having healthcare coverage is a great benefit to employees; however, that doesn’t mean it’s easy to navigate. Whether visiting a physician for a routine physical, a sick visit, or more serious health conditions—patients have a myriad of decisions to make:
Understanding healthcare options and making the right choices isn’t as easy as you might think, especially as costs continue to rise. Employees need time to research their options, then make informed decisions. This is distracting from important tasks on the job, which impacts productivity.
Modern technology has made it easier for employees to get personalized, detailed guidance with these healthcare decisions. A concierge-like service, HooPayz, offers an innovative way for employees to gain insight and control over their own healthcare costs and decisions.
A Unique Financial Wellness Tool That Saves Time and Money
HooPayz is an extension of your existing human resources team. This simple, affordable application streamlines the process for employees to understand and take full advantage of their available healthcare coverage. By making informed decisions, employees will be able to reduce out-of-pocket spending, thereby saving money and time when navigating the healthcare system. Here are several of the key functions and benefits of the HooPayz system:
HooPayz is a modern, unique solution that will advocate for your employees when they need it most. A phone call or email will connect employees with a high-touch, personal advisor. Advisors guide employees through an increasingly complicated healthcare network, while saving time and money along the way.
Gain Insight and Control over Healthcare Costs with HooPayz
The healthcare setting can be complicated and costly for employees that don’t know or understand all of their options. It’s also difficult to make the right choices when under the pressure of serious injury or illness for the employee or a dependent. Having the support of experts and advisors can alleviate this burden, which is good for your employees and your business.
Modern technology, like HooPayz can streamline decision-making, reducing the time employees spend on researching healthcare options and making difficult decisions. Contact Integrity Data for more information about this unique service and other financial wellness tools that can save time and money.
I am going to walk-through how can we integrate Slack from Dynamics CRM. My requirement is simply create Slack channel & invite an user to that channel. Let’s say we need to trigger this channel creation...(read more)
If you are looking for ways to generate JSON files from SQL server data or if you need to pass JSON data to downstream systems, then you are reading the proper blog! This blog describes how to utilize the FOR JSON feature of SQL server to generate JSON data, and eventually JSON file with well-formatted JSON data in it.
Generating JSON data is straightforward. The syntax is as follows:
FOR JSON PATH
This is as simple as appending your SQL select query with the FOR JSON clause. Multiple options are available for the structure of the output, including FOR JSON PATH and FOR JSON AUTO. More information can be found here: Microsoft Documentation.
To generate files out of the retrieved JSON data, a little bit of coding is necessary, as SQL returns chunks of rows of JSON data and each row is not a complete JSON. To combine the JSON data retrieved by the FOR JSON clause to generate complete JSON, use a small piece of C# code as follows:
var queryWithForJson = “SELECT … FOR JSON”;
var conn = new SqlConnection(“<connection string>”);
var cmd = new SqlCommand(queryWithForJson, conn);
var jsonResult = new StringBuilder();
var reader = cmd.ExecuteReader();
One thing to keep in mind is that if the result of the SQL query is too large, the JSON builder might produce a memory exception. To avoid this, open a file and start appending incoming rows into it as the code loops through each retrieved row. Example code snippet:
Hopefully this helps you generate a JSON document from a SQL query.
As always, happy D365’ing!
With the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2, it is possible to assign a shared Calendar Year maximum for groups of benefits and/or groups of deductions. This will be a huge benefit to your organization...(read more)
Hello AX World, Recently I was struggling to find an easy solution to refresh a calling form. I knew other solutions like: calling a code like this (l ink ); calling its loosely coupled methods where you...(read more)
We can change publisher of a solution using Publisher lookup field of the solution in the Information section. However, if the solution has already been imported in target environment, changing the publisher...(read more)