Articles on this Page
- 11/22/18--02:00: _The activation of d...
- 11/22/18--02:59: _Tip #1197: Unified ...
- 11/22/18--03:54: _Executing Web API C...
- 11/22/18--04:15: _My experiences at R...
- 11/22/18--04:22: _Change will make or...
- 11/22/18--05:17: _Business Central – ...
- 11/22/18--05:26: _Get started with Dy...
- 11/22/18--06:42: _D365 PSA: Delegated...
- 11/22/18--09:32: _Above and Under ope...
- 11/22/18--11:04: _Azure: Copy Data fr...
- 11/22/18--11:41: _How to assign workf...
- 11/22/18--15:56: _Get & Set Site of U...
- 11/22/18--21:30: _How to insert/modif...
- 11/22/18--23:04: _Getting Form Contex...
- 11/23/18--00:07: _Out of the box work...
- 11/23/18--02:22: _MB6-898 View and up...
- 11/23/18--03:00: _Upgrading to Jet 20...
- 11/23/18--03:01: _Azure: Execute Stor...
- 11/23/18--03:14: _Controls in Dynamic...
- 11/23/18--03:35: _My Presentation at ...
- 11/22/18--02:59: Tip #1197: Unified Interface lookup changes
- 11/22/18--03:54: Executing Web API Calls from Flow/Logic Apps
- Execute a FetchXML query
- Execute a Custom Action
- Have access to Microsoft Dynamics 365 online instance and Flow environment
Register Microsoft Dynamics 365 online instance in Azure AD and have the Application Id key ready.
Make sure you set the oauth2AllowImplicitFlow as described here.
- Download and import Solutions
Download and import this Flow solution into your Flow workspace.
Download, import and publish this unmanaged solution into your Dynamics 365 instance. It contains one Custom Action that will be executed from Flow using Web API.
- Set Flow Settings
Edit the newly imported Flow
Set the following keys with values to match your environment
- Note the following settings
This variable holds FetchXML query to retrieve the target Lead records.
This variable holds the target entity name as it is used with Web API
This variable holds the target Custom Action to handle each Lead.
Note that for unbound Custom Action, the Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM should be removed.
This action requests a token used to authenticate to Web API
This action executes the FetchXML query
This action executes the target Custom Action for each Lead record returned by the query
- Test your Flow
After a successful run, Flow will display the number of affected records.
In Dynamics 365, these records should appear as disabled now.
If your Flow fails on the RequestOAuth2Token action, try this solution
- I prefer authenticating using an Application Id and Secret via an App user rather than plain user credentials.
- 11/22/18--04:15: My experiences at Resco.next2018
- 11/22/18--04:22: Change will make or break your project
- 11/22/18--05:17: Business Central – Vendor Card Overview
- 11/22/18--05:26: Get started with Dynamics 365 Service Scheduling
- Go to https://experience.dynamics.com/ and join the Insiders Program.
- Sign-up to enable service scheduling on your org.
- Some pre-requisites are:
- The org must be new or reset, Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement 188.8.131.520 or later.
- The org should have Customer Service Hub, version 184.108.40.206 or later.
- The org should have Universal Resource Scheduling package, either version higher than 220.127.116.115 or the org should have no Universal Resource Scheduling package installed.
- Learn more about this feature from the Oct ’18 Release Notes for Service and theFeature documentation -Service Scheduling guide.
- Learn more about migration from the legacy service scheduling to the new one: Migrate to the new scheduling experience.
- 11/22/18--09:32: Above and Under operator to query hierarchical data in Dynamics 365
- 11/22/18--15:56: Get & Set Site of Users based on City field with the help of Flow
- 11/22/18--21:30: How to insert/modify a posted document in NAV
- 11/23/18--03:00: Upgrading to Jet 2019: What’s New In Jet Reports 2019
- Improved Performance with XLL Multi-threaded Add-in – The Jet Excel add-in is now based on the Excel’s XLL format. This provides several benefits – including a performance boost, with some reports running up to 5 times faster.
- Business Central Data Source Connection – Dynamics 365 Business Central users can connect Jet Reports directly to their Business Central data base. Each user can use their Office 365 credentials to make their connection.
- Simulate Jet Reports Financials within your Jet Reports Excel add-in – For those Business Central customers and partners needing to support both Jet Reports and Jet Reports Financials, a new simulation mode has been added to Jet Reports to allow you to use the full Excel add-in as through it were an installation of Jet Reports Financials.
- Updated Report Wizard – Continuing with efforts to bring all the Jet add-in features in line with a consistent look as well as providing intuitive and easy to use interactions, the interface for the Report Wizard tool has been updated.
- Update Notification when a new version of Jet Reports is available – A new notification button has been added to the Jet ribbon to let users know when a new version of the Excel add-in is available.
- +VALUES automatically added to reports – When running a new Jet report for the first time, in addition to Auto+Hide, +Values will now be added to cell A1. This has been a popular request in our ideas portal.
- The Jet Services Database is Backed Up during Upgrade – The Jet Reports installation program now includes the option to backup the existing Jet Service Tier database prior to updating or replacing it as part of the installation process.
- The Jet Hub has received a new look and new features – The Jet Hub features a new look (along with a new name) and the new App Switcher allows you to quickly navigate between the applications in the Jet Hub.
- Updates Emails when Adding Users to the Jet Hub – When adding new users in the Jet Hub, you can now provide an email address for each user. There is also an option to edit the email address for existing users. This information is used for sending invites to log into the Jet Hub and for notifications in the Jet Budgets application
- Assign Data Source Permissions to User and Groups within the Jet Hub – After defining data sources within the Jet Administration Console, you can now give users and groups permissions to those data sources from the Admin section of the Jet Hub
- Support for Excel’s WORKDAY.INTL function – Excel’s WORKDAY.INTL function is now supported in the Jet reports that you run within the Jet Hub.
- 11/23/18--03:01: Azure: Execute Stored Procedure using Azure Data Factory
- 11/23/18--03:14: Controls in Dynamics 365 for Mobile App: Bullet Graph
- 11/23/18--03:35: My Presentation at Dynamics 365 User Group London
In Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation application version 8.3 financial dimensions you have just migrated or created cannot be activated unless the system is in maintenance mode.
At first glance...(read more)
Change to how lookups behave in Unified Interface is coming in December.
Up until now Unified Interface used Lookup View to perform the search. After the change is rolled out, Unified Interface will use Quick Find view (with resulting columns are still coming from the Lookup View), as the classic interface does.
With this upcoming change Unified Interface will be better aligned with the classic web interface. However, if you don’t do anything, the side effects could be loss of functionality (missing search columns) or performance implications (too many search columns).
For more details, see this blog article. Make follow the steps in the article to maintain your application’s lookup capabilities.
While writing my previous post regarding Flow as a scheduling mechanism, I stumbled across this post demonstrating how to execute Web API calls from Flow.
Why would you want to execute Web API calls from Flow/Logic Apps?
While Microsoft Flow/Logic Apps support basic Dynamics 365 operations, there are many missing functions that can simplify common integration scenarios between these platforms: executing Custom Actions, triggering Processes, handling metadata and issuing complex queries.
Some of these problems can be worked around using the Command Pattern, but using the Web API from within Flow/Logic Apps provides a simple and powerful integration mechanism.
In this post, I’ll demonstrate how to authenticate and execute Web API functions and actions from Flow (a similar process can be used with Logic Apps):
The requirement used to demonstrate is again the automated weekly evaluation of Leads: once a week, any Lead which is older than 5 days and not rated hot is disqualified.
With this implementation approach, Flow is used for scheduling, query for target business records and applying a Dynamics 365 Custom Action to each business record.
Let’s kick off with some interesting stats. This background information will give you a better understanding of Resco Mobile CRM. Currently, Resco has 2.200 company customers (51% Europe, 39% North-America...(read more)
“It is always easier to talk about change than to make it.” ~ Alvin Toffler
Change will make or break your project, changes can‘t be controlled your reaction can. A fixed mindset breaks instead of bends when confronted with change. Change is constant, some don’t adapt, others adapt enough to survive, a few use change to be successful. The less rigid and more adaptable you are, the fewer times you get stuck.
Technology, resources, environment and tools change, it costs you time and effort to change but the cost of not changing will be higher. What was successful in the past, might not be successful in the future. By focusing on the past, you won’t be prepared for the future. The past has gone and can‘t be changed but the future is yet to be defined, embrace change and improve your situation.
Code and change
The art of develop lies in the constant adjustments to change
Robust code is decoupled, ensuring it can adapt to the evolution of requirements and manage the effects of change. Agile development leaves design decisions to as last as possible, giving more time to gather information and decide based on better understanding.
Requirements and solutions evolve, the more detail you uncover, the more feedback you receive the greater your awareness of the problem and the solution. You can’t capture requirements up front and get a deep understanding without going through iterations of designs and problems.
A project won’t change but you can change yourself and the approach to be successful. A project which does not adapt to the changes will fail. We are servants of projects, they will tell you when it‘s not working. Think about the pain points, how could this work differently.
Nothing is fixed, people, requirements, technology and politics change, be fluid, formless and adaptable. Take a flexible approach, what was successful on previous projects might not be successful with these requirements, environments and people. When you think requirements are certain, you risk creating brittle designs and brittle plans that will break when change happens.
It’s not if change happens but when and how you react.
Projects evolve, the design at the start is not the functionality in production. This is because the requirements change with understanding and feedback.
Each projects rhythm is unique and the most efficient way of working different. You have to adjust and keep improving, finding a smoother way to move functionality from requirements to production.
Don’t fight change and don’t wait for it to happen, embrace change and use it as an opportunity for improvement. Change is not comfortable or easy and involves conflict but through this something better emerges.
Knowing change is coming won’t make it easier because you will need to move past the friction but it’s the only way to make progress
To access the list of Vedors start with top Navigation Pane and click Vendors .
All the vendors will appear in alphabetical order and each one can be edited by clicking on Show More option...(read more)
The new scheduling experience in Customer Service Hub is now live. It is powered by Universal Resource Scheduling and provides an efficient way to schedule resources for service activity. It considers the availability of employees, facilities, and, equipment to plan schedules accordingly. It also helps customer service organizations improve service quality by preventing over-scheduling.
If you use Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise, Customer Engagement Plan, or Dynamics 365 Plan licenses, get started with the new service scheduling by following the steps below:
To enable the functionality in your org,
Note: Once the new service scheduling is installed, your access to legacy service scheduling will be cut-off in the current organization. We recommend you to first opt-in your sandbox instance and test all your use cases, and then go for production instance.
Note: The new service scheduling only works as a Unified Client application. To access the new functionality, go to Customer Service Hub, expand the sitemap and then navigate to Scheduling.
Experience the new Service Scheduling
The new service scheduling functionality brings in the URS entities - such as Resources, Resource Categories, Fulfillment Preferences, Organizational Units etc. – and retains legacy service scheduling entities such as Service, Service Activity and Facilities/Equipment.
Set up resources
Set up resources of type Facilities or Equipment so that they can be consumed within scheduling. Once you set up a resources record, you can define its capacity and workhours, which helps in scheduling a service.
Set up resource categories
Set up resource categories to include resources under various groups into categories.
This approach allows admins to define service criteria flexibly without having to hardcode a resource in the criteria.
In the below example, while scheduling a Service Activity of the type ‘Ad-hoc bike service’, schedule board would show option to include 1 repair center and 1 workbench
Set up services
Set up services to define the resource criteria that needs to be applied for scheduling a service activity.
Create and schedule a service activity
Create a service activity by choosing a predefined service. As you select ‘Book’, schedule board is launched to show the list of resource options that are applicable for the given requirement.
The schedule board lets you use ‘Schedule Assistant Filter’ to narrow-down results to suit a specific customer need – based on time slot, organization unit, required resource etc.
Learn more about Scheduling
We are eager to see how the new scheduling experience helps you transform your scheduling experience, and look forward to your adoption and feedback!
Vamsi Korlepara, Shubham Jain
Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
Have you been added as a Delegate for a fellow colleague but not able to Read, Create or Submit Time Entries on their behalf?
Let’s see what you are missing.
Before that, if you want to learn about...(read more)
above and under were the 2 new operators introduced with Dynamic CRM 2015. Let us see some of the examples. Suppose I have the following hierarchy defined, wherein User 2 is manager of user Nishant Rana...(read more)
In this blog post, we’ll see how to copy data of an entity “ Contact ” in D365 CE to Azure SQL Database. Let’s follow the below steps to see it in action.
Login to Azure portal...(read more)
In this webcast, I explain how to use Custom workflow participant provider. I got requirement that In HR Portal self service provider. HR can submit request on the behalf of some worker. But when HR submit the document in Workflow for approval. The first user will be the behalf-ed user, so he can review and confirm the requirement. And certainly that User / worker will be different then document originator. I achieved that with the help of Custom Workflow Participant Provider.
I’ve demoed this Flow during my session ‘Automate your Dynamics 365 admin tasks with Flow!’ at Dynamics 365 Saturday Belgium in Brussels last Saturday.
This Flow will set the Site field...(read more)
We set permissions to user in the User setup to give accessibility to users but we are not allowed to make any changes to posted document even though we assign Super permission to it....(read more)
After my last blog on getting the formContext and the client URL from a ribbon button on the form in Dynamics Version 9.0, I was simply taken back by the comments and was truly satisfied knowing that it...(read more)
Hi all, this is post is for me. I used to make workflow in Customization, Instead created new labels, I used out the box label for workflow menus
menu items labels
@SPS1299 Submit to workflow
Status enum labels
@SPS1268 not submitted
This is one field i’m not sure if I get what they are asking about, because you have your skills in “My information”, team skills assessment and skill gap analysis in the manager page...(read more)
This post is part of the series on Upgrading to Jet 2019.
The upgrade of Jet Reports is much simpler than the upgrade of Jet Analytics and I will cover it in the next post.
|Upgrading to Jet 2019|
|What's New In Jet Analytics 2019|
|Install Jet Analytics|
|Upgrade Jet Analytics|
|Start Jet Analytics Service|
|What's New In Jet Reports 2019|
In this blog post, we’ll see how to execute Stored Procedure in Azure SQL Database inside Azure SQL Server. Let’s go through the steps to see it in action.
Login to Azure Portal . Click...(read more)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 introduced additional controls for mobile and tablet to increase user interaction, user convenience and for user-friendliness. These controls are available for...(read more)
The user group in London this week was very successful with over a hundred people attending.
My talk was on removing the barriers to certification. I have been asked for my slides, well they are now...(read more)