Articles on this Page
- 11/30/18--01:37: _MB6-898 Import jobs...
- 11/30/18--02:31: _AX2012 R2 Issue sol...
- 11/30/18--02:59: _Tip #1201: Working ...
- 11/30/18--03:00: _Record Position Ret...
- 11/30/18--03:00: _Hands On With Micro...
- 11/30/18--03:05: _Personalisation usi...
- 11/30/18--03:37: _Calling D365 action...
- 11/30/18--03:42: _Office 365 UGA meet...
- 11/30/18--03:56: _Build process faili...
- 11/30/18--04:00: _Share Powerapps wit...
- 11/30/18--04:00: _Q&A bot for Busines...
- 11/30/18--04:12: _D365 PSA Quick Tip:...
- 11/30/18--04:17: _Warning: Package fo...
- 11/30/18--05:32: _Booking Status: Fie...
- 11/30/18--06:17: _Unexpected error (S...
- 11/30/18--06:26: _Identify field leve...
- 11/30/18--06:30: _Job to get average ...
- 11/30/18--06:30: _CDS For Apps Analyt...
- 11/30/18--07:15: _Batch ready to post...
- 11/30/18--07:20: _Job to combine main...
- 11/30/18--01:37: MB6-898 Import jobs from Excel
- 11/30/18--02:59: Tip #1201: Working with integer variables in Microsoft Flow
- 11/30/18--03:00: Record Position Retention
- 11/30/18--03:05: Personalisation using X++
- 11/30/18--03:37: Calling D365 actions/functions from Flow
- 11/30/18--03:42: Office 365 UGA meetup, tema: Dynamics Talent
- 11/30/18--03:56: Build process failing in Prepare For Build step
- 11/30/18--04:00: Share Powerapps with Another User
- 11/30/18--04:00: Q&A bot for Business Central
- 11/30/18--04:12: D365 PSA Quick Tip: Sync Resource Bookings with Outlook
- 11/30/18--06:26: Identify field level permissions for specific user/team
- 11/30/18--06:30: Job to get average unit cost of item through X++ code in D365
- 11/30/18--07:15: Batch ready to post feature
If you are creating several jobs at once, you could use import from Excel. You click new and select the tab “From Excel” from there you download the job template
When you open the template...(read more)
Recently, I have come across one standard issue in AX 2012 R2 CU7 regarding Direct Debit mandates status.
Summary: Mandate status is not being set to Cancelled on the Direct Debit Mandate FastTab after...(read more)
In tip 1199, Leon Tribe talked about the power of using variables in Microsoft Flow. Leon astutely pointed out that using variables can simplify process development by allowing reuse of values between steps in Flow, and they can also be used for calculation purposes and building strings.
One challenge with working with integer type variables in Flow from a CDS/Dynamics 365 perspective is that you cannot directly write the value from an integer variable into a Dynamics 365 field.
Recently I created a Flow to calculate a contact score based on data quality–more about this in a future tip. As part of this flow, I created an integer variable called “score” to be used to calculate the data quality score.Integer variable in Microsoft Flow
At the end of the Flow when I wanted to update the contact with the data quality score, I tried the three types of number fields in Dynamics 365/CDS–whole number, floating point, and decimal. The variable was being calculated, but I could not get the flow to update any standard number field (or text field) with the value of the integer variable.
The solution was to use the int() transformation expression. By using the expression int(variables(‘score’)), I was able to update a decimal number field in Dynamics 365 with the value of my integer variable.
In old versions of Dynamics AX there were different ways to refresh/research while retaining the position of the record.
Few were doing something as following
formDS.research(true);//true being passed...(read more)
This post is part of the Hands On With Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 New Features series in which I am going hands on with the new features introduced in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 (which was released on the 2nd October). I reblogged the new features as Microsoft announced them along with some commentary of how I thought they would be received by both my clients and I. In this series, I will be hands on with them giving feedback of how well they work in reality.
The first new feature is Monthly Recurring Batches. This feature allows a recurring batch to be created in Payables Management, Receivables Management and Inventory Control.
When creating the batch, after selecting a Frequency of
Monthly, mark the new Use last day of the month; this will change the Posting Date to the last day of the month:
Each time the batch is posted, the Posting Date will be moved forward to the last day of the next month:
As I said when this feature was announced, the module it would be of most use in, is the General Ledger for entry of accruals or repayments. In the three modules it has actually been added to, for my clients at least, it will be of only marginal use.
|Hands On With Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 New Features|
|Repurposing the Intelligent Edge page|
|Monthly Recurring Batches|
User Personalisation has been improved in many ways as it is handled now, compared to old versions of Axapta.
Now you can manage it per user or per group of users/security roles groups. In short it...(read more)
Microsoft Flow is new and amazing product that allows to build different automations without opening Visual Studio. Components for Dynamics 365 for CE/CDS are limited at the moment. It’s possible to start flow either on-demand or when record is created/updated/deleted inside system and it allows to create/update/delete records and retrieve sets of records and iterate ...
Office 365 User Group Agder has invited me to attend one of their meetups and talk to them about Dynamics 365 for Talent, an of course i said yes, I love to talk about Talent!
Wednesday 5th of Desember...(read more)
I like to run the automated build pipelines in D365 as these make releases smoother when you have multiple persons/teams working together.
There is a constant frustration that I have been...(read more)
PowerApps can easily be shared with another user from the same organisation.
To share your app, sign in to PowerApps. Click on Apps. Select your App from the list and Click Share.
Enter user’s name or email address.
Check the Co-owner tick box if you would like the user to edit and share the app.
As I promised - I'm publishing description of Question & Answers bot demo for #NavTechDays ( Link )
1. Go to https://www.qnamaker.ai - it's a bot service which we used for our...(read more)
You as a resource in an Organization are booked on projects. But are also needed to be in some meetings. But what if, someone who wants to invite you to a meeting needs to know if you’re booked on a Project...(read more)
When building you frequently encounter warnings such as:
"Package folder already exists in deployment: Solution name"
These are generally not harmful and are caused because...(read more)
While using Field Service there might be the situation where you figure out that the Field Service Status does not fit to the booking status, or the Field Service Status was not provided at all. But if...(read more)
Unexpected error (SQL Timeout error) while trying to delete Audit Log We had around 200 GB of Audit Log data in our Production Environment, but while trying to delete it through Audit Log Management resulted...(read more)
Recently I have encounter a scenario in which I want to get the average unit cost price of the item in D365FO. For that I have created a job to get the cost. Please follow below screenshots. You can see...(read more)
Now, there’s a new way of looking at Organization Insights. You would no longer to maintain a solution in D365 to look at your D365 Organization Insights.
Guess what, Organization Insights is no longer...(read more)
Many scenarios for demo data require that transactions be processed after they are imported. You can process transactions by using the Ready to post feature that was added in 7.3. This feature includes...(read more)
In this blog I will discuss how we can combine main account and default dimension to get ledger dimension in D365FO . So let's begin, please follow below screen shots. For achieving this I have created...(read more)