Articles on this Page
- 01/03/19--12:47: _How Do I : Create a...
- 01/03/19--13:32: _“Business Central i...
- 01/04/19--03:00: _Hands On With Micro...
- 01/04/19--03:38: _Custom Commands in ...
- 01/04/19--03:56: _Part 2 of my Webser...
- 01/04/19--04:47: _Custom Rollup fields
- 01/04/19--06:00: _From the Microsoft ...
- 01/04/19--06:00: _From the Microsoft ...
- 01/04/19--06:00: _Microsoft Dynamics ...
- 01/04/19--06:00: _From the Microsoft ...
- 01/04/19--07:00: _Microsoft Azure Act...
- 01/04/19--07:31: _Leverage the Power ...
- 01/04/19--08:15: _D365 Quick Tip: Del...
- 01/04/19--08:54: _Set Field Visibilit...
- 01/04/19--09:01: _New feature suggest...
- 01/04/19--09:10: _2019-R2 Payroll update
- 01/04/19--09:12: _Fieldgroup in Busin...
- 01/04/19--09:43: _Microsoft Community...
- 01/04/19--09:55: _Dynamics 2012 – ACS...
- 01/04/19--10:01: _ERP...What is that?
- 01/03/19--12:47: How Do I : Create a Document Report, and layout, in VSCode? (part1)
- 01/04/19--03:38: Custom Commands in Resco Mobile App
- 01/04/19--04:47: Custom Rollup fields
- System Administrator
- Solution Customizer
- 01/04/19--08:15: D365 Quick Tip: Delete Records Imported by mistake
- 01/04/19--08:54: Set Field Visibility in Dynamics 365 Using a Business Rule
- Scope: Define scope of this Business Rule. Select from Entity, All Forms or specific forms.
- Condition: Define a new Condition. If X, then Y. If the condition is true, you will add actions to take. If the condition is false, you will add actions to take.
Actions: 7 possible actions you can use in the Business Rule canvas.
- Show Message Error
- Set Field Value
- Set Default Value
- Set Business Required
- Set Visibility
- In a Solution file in your Sandbox, add a new Business Rule to the Leads Entity.
- At the top, enter a Business Rule Name and Description. Set Scope to Entity, since we want this rule to fire on all Leads, regardless of which form is used.
- Next, we will define our Conditional branch. Click the purple Condition box, then work in the Properties box on the left-hand side. Enter a Display Name, then create the Rules. For this example, we will select Field = Lead Type, Operator = Equals, Type = Value and Value = Residential. Click Apply at the bottom of the box.
- Now that we have defined our condition, we must add actions. Remember, the path along the top are the actions to take when the Condition is True. In this case, when Lead Type is Residential, the top path defines the actions taken. When the Conditional is False (in this example, when Lead Type = Commercial), the bottom path defines the actions taken. To add an Action, select the desired Action (Set Visibility for this example) click the box (circled below) and drag it onto the canvas in the appropriate path.
- When the Set Visibility action box is on the canvas, click the green box. Enter Display Name, select Field and change visibility from Yes to No where appropriate. Finally, click the blue Apply button at the bottom.
- Follow the same steps for the FALSE branch. Click the Components tab on the right-hand side to access Actions to drag and drop on the canvas.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all fields have been included.
- Once complete, click the Activate button at the top.
- 01/04/19--09:10: 2019-R2 Payroll update
- The Alaska State Unemployment tax, 02-000-0000-ER_SUTA-000, Wage Base has been updated to $39,900, effective 1/1/1019
- The California State Income Tax, 06-000-0000-SIT-000, Tax Tables have been updated, effective 1/1/2019
- The Hawaii State Unemployment Tax, 15-000-0000-ER_SUTA-000, Wage Base has been updated to $46,800, effective 1/1/2019
- The Idaho State Unemployment Tax, 16-000-0000-ER_SUTA-000, Wage Base has been updated to $40,000, effective 1/1/2019
- The Illinois State Income Tax, 27-000-0000-SIT-000, Basic Allowance for Dependents has been updated to $2.275, effective 1/1/2019
- The Kentucky State Income Tax, 27-000-0000-SIT-000, Formula has been updated, effective 1/1/2019
- The Michigan State Income Tax, 27-000-0000-SIT-000, Personal Exemption has been updated to $4,400, effective 1/1/2019
- The Minnesota State Income Tax, 27-000-0000-SIT-000, Formula has been updated, effective 1/1/2019
- The New Jersey Employer SDI, 34-000-0000-ER_SDI-000, Wage Base has been updated to $34,400, effective 1/1/2019
- The North Dakota State Income Tax, 38-000-0000-SIT-000, Tax Tables have been updated, effective 1/1/2019
- The North Dakota State Unemployment tax, 38-000-0000-ER_SUTA-000, Wage Base has been updated to $36,400, effective 1/1/1019
- The Oregon State Income Tax, 41-000-0000-SIT-000, Formula has been updated, effective 1/1/2019
- The Rhode Island SDI Tax, 44-000-0000-SDI-000, Wage Base has been updated to $71,000, effective 1/1/2019
- The South Carolina State Income Tax, 45-000-0000-SIT-000, Tax Tables have been updated, effective 1/1/2019
- The Vermont State Income Tax, 50-000-0000-SIT-000, Formula has been updated, effective 1/1/2019
- The Carroll County, Indiana Tax, 18-015-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 2.2733%, effective 10/1/2018
- The Cass County, Indiana Tax, 18-017-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 2.6%, effective 10/1/2018
- The Dearborn County, Indiana Tax, 18-029-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 2.6%, effective 10/1/2018
- The Grant County, Indiana Tax, 18-053-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 2.55%, effective 10/1/2018
- The Hancock County, Indiana Tax, 18-059-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 1.74%, effective 10/1/2018
- The Huntington County, Indiana Tax, 18-069-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 1.95%, effective 10/1/2018
- The Jennings County, Indiana Tax, 18-079-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 1.95%, effective 10/1/2018
- The White County, Indiana Tax, 18-181-0000-CNTY-000, Rate has been updated to 2.32%, effective 10/1/2018
- The Bethel, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1064426-CITY-000, has been repealed, effective 12/2/2018
- The Bloomville, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1064457-CITY-000, has been added to the Engine with a Rate of 1%, with no Tax Credit or Credit Limit, effective 1/1/2019
- The Jackson, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1061427-CITY-000, has been repealed, effective 11/24/2018
- The Middlefield, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1061515-CITY-000, Rate has been updated to 1.25%, effective 1/1/2019
- The Mount Orab, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1065073-CITY-000, Rate has been updated to 1.35%, effective 1/1/2019
- The Washingtonville, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1047606-CITY-000, has been repealed, effective 11/26/2018
- The Wayne Lakes, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1058107-CITY-000, has been added to the Engine with a Rate of 1%, with no Tax Credit or Credit Limit, effective 1/1/2019
- The Wellington, Ohio City Tax, 39-000-1047670-CITY-000, Rate has been updated to 1.75%, effective 1/1/2019
- The Butler County Annex JEDD Tax, 39-000-0000-JEDD-118, has been added to the Engine with a rate of 2%, effective 12/12/2018
- The Celina LSD, Ohio School District Tax, 39-000-0000-SCHL-5401, has been added to the Engine with a rate of 1%, effective 1/1/2019
- The Granville EVSD, Ohio School District Tax, 39-000-0000-SCHL-4501, Rate has been updated to .75%, effective 1/1/2019
- The Green LSD, Ohio School District Tax, 39-000-0000-SCHL-8503, has been added to the Engine with a rate of .5%, effective 1/1/2019
- The Hazleton, City of - EIT - Hazleton Area S D (403302), Pennsylvania, 42-079-1215392EIT-403302, Resident Rate has been updated to 2.57% and the Nonresident Rate has been updated to 1.85%, effective 7/1/2018
- The Pennsylvania EIT changes, Effective 1/1/2019, have been added to the Engine.
- 01/04/19--09:12: Fieldgroup in Business Central
- 01/04/19--09:43: Microsoft Community Badges
- 01/04/19--09:55: Dynamics 2012 – ACS Final Update
- For anyone using Workflow Approvals via email (no app), see the blog post here to updated whitepaper and updated mobile connector.
- For anyone using Timesheets, expense, or Approvals apps, you’ll need to confirm you have a machine with ADFS 3.0 available, and follow the steps in the whitepaper for configuring Companion Apps (here)
Updated apps are available as follows:
- Dynamics AX (IOS) – Version 5.2 available in the store today.
- Dynamics AX 2012 (Android) – Version 5.0 available in the store today.
- Dynamics AX 2012 Expenses (Windows desktop) – Version 220.127.116.11 available in the store today.
- Dynamics AX 2012 Timesheets (Windows desktop) – Version 18.104.22.168 available in the store today.
- Dynamics AX 2012 Approvals (Windows desktop) – will be available early next week.
- Windows Mobile app is being deprecated and will be removed from the store in February when ACS is decommissioned.
- 01/04/19--10:01: ERP...What is that?
In my blog post: How Do I : Create a Report, and layout, in VSCode? I explained the basics on how you can create a simple report for Business Central. In this post, and due to many requests, I will explain how you can get started to create a document ...read more
Do you know what Portainer is? In simple words, it’s a simple management solution for Docker and it consists of a web UI that allows you to easily manage your Docker containers, images, networks...(read more)
This post is part of the Hands On With Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 New Features series in which I am going hands on with the new features introduced in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 (which was released on the 2nd October). I reblogged the new features as Microsoft announced them along with some commentary of how I thought they would be received by both my clients and I. In this series, I will be hands on with them giving feedback of how well they work in reality.
The twenty-second new feature is Purchase Requisition Partial Purchase. You’ve always been able to increase the quatity to purchase, but you were not able to reduce the quantity. This new feature, allows a smaller quantity to purchase to be specified in order to partial purchase the requisition; the remaining quantity will be cancelled:
The flexibility this offers should be a good thing, but I have concerns around users being able to change the purchasing quantity here if an approval workflow is being used. That said, I already had these concerns about users being able to increase the quantity post approval.
Commands in Resco mobile app allow certain actions throughout the whole form. The main principle is to create a command in Woodford, but the logic that need to be performed on execute of...(read more)
Please refer to my blog that demonstrated project creation and scheduling.(read more)
Microsoft introduced Rollup Fields to the Dynamics CRM platform in 2015, and this added significant positive functionality to the platform. Rollup fields contain aggregated values that have been calculated...(read more)
A selection of the latest insights from the Dynamics 365-AX blogs ...read more
A selection of the latest insights from the Dynamics 365-NAV blogs
For Microsoft Dynamics 365 PSA projects with less activity, it can be helpful to deactivate without wiping out work
A selection of the latest insights from the Dynamics 365-CRM blogs
Control how users access cloud apps through multi-factor authentication with location detection.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central offers a wide range of functionality for small and medium sized businesses. D365 Business Central can manage your financials, automate and secure your supply chain, optimize your operations, and monitor overall performance. Meanwhile, your sales and customer service teams can give intelligent feedback from Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales. Both D365 Business Central and D365 for Sales deliver the value that every business search for — and with the built-in connector, Microsoft has made it easy for businesses to leverage the power of both systems. The integration allows you to work with and synchronize data types that are common to both services and keep the data up-to-date in both locations.
How It Works
To set up the connection, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales will need to be imported with an administrative user account with the following security roles assigned.
Next, under the assisted setup in D365 Business Central, there is a guide that helps create the connection.
After going through the assisted setup, it will verify that the connection was successful, and the settings are valid. Once this is complete, the data can be synchronized for the defined set of out-of-the-box tables.
What Can Be Synchronized
The integration can handle a defined set of tables that are listed below. Some of which are considered bidirectional, while some data can only be synched in one direction.
|Business Central||Sales||Synchronization Direction|
|Currency||Transaction Currency||Business Central||Sales|
|Unit of Measure||Unit Group||Business Central||Sales|
|Customer Price Group||Price List||Business Central||Sales|
|Sales Price||Product Price List||Business Central||Sales|
|Sales Invoice Header||Invoice||Business Central||Sales|
|Sales Invoice Line||Invoice Product||Business Central||Sales|
If you'd like to learn more about integrating Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 for Sales, contact Velosio today.
By Velosio www.velosio.com
One of the most common blunders often made in Data Import are importing whole lot of records without finalizing.
And when you import, you realize you needed to add something more to the Import or some...(read more)
Business Rules in Dynamics 365, CRM 2013, CRM 2015 and CRM 2016 provide an interface for you to simply configure the ability to set or hide field visibility. Let's walk through a brief example scenario so you can see just how easy it is for a System Administrator to use the drag and drop Business Rule canvas.
First, let's review the components of a business rule:
During a recent focus group with our CRM Super User Team, it was discovered that any time the Inside Sales Team is working on Qualifying a Residential Lead, they ignore several Company--specific fields on the Lead form that are not relevant. As a spectacular System Administrator, you know you can eliminate this pain point and increase user adoption for this user group by creating a simple Business Rule. Let's walk through the entire process:
Now that you have configured and activated your business rule, it's time to test! Go to a Lead, change Lead Type to Residential and verify that Company Name, Company Phone, Industry and SIC Code are not visible. Change Lead Type back to Commercial and verify that those fields are visible. Then, turn it over to your CRM Super User group to test and verify. Once everything is confirmed, it's time to schedule your deployment to production. Congratulations, you have configured a simple drag-and-drop Business Rule to set and hide visibility based on the Lead Type selected.
Beringer Technology Group, a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM for Distribution. We also provide expert Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Based Computing and Unified Communication Solutions.
The post Set Field Visibility in Dynamics 365 Using a Business Rule appeared first on CRM Software Blog | Dynamics 365.
Happy New Year Community Members,
We hope you had a wonderful holiday season! To kick off the new year we're sharing a new feature with you.
Now when you type a subject for a new forum question or discussion, you will see relevant threads suggested. The search results will return blog articles, forum threads or wiki articles related to your subject across the community. You can scroll to see the suggested posts and will see the icons to the left of each post indicating verified answers and more. Mouse over the icons to reveal tooltips.
If you're not a fan of the new feature you can select Turn off Suggestions to disable this feature or select it again to turn it back on.
We hope this new feature will help users find existing conversations and more quickly locate answers to their questions, while reducing duplication. We encourage you to test the new feature and share your feedback in the comments below.
Happy New Year!
Work will begin Friday, Jan 11 on the next payroll update.
You can see the initial list of updates from the 2019-R1a updates planned for release in addition to the final set of year end changes that will be included in the R2 update.
US Tax Table/Rate Changes
In today’s post we will see the usage of Fieldgroup and available options. Today’s topic is very simple and straight forward. Field groups are used to determine which columns you have available when...(read more)
Hi Everyone, I have been awarded below badges by Microsoft. Cheers. For Microsoft Dynamics 365 Consultancy/Training/Support/Licensing Contact us: https://www.gmritsolutions.co.uk Email: admin@gmritsolutions...(read more)
ACS to SAS solution for Dynamics 2012 is now complete and generally available. ACS is slated to be retired on Feb 4, 2019, assuming you’ve already asked for an extension (documented here).
The work for the final SAS-based solution to replace ACS for the mobile connector is now complete.
Note: The previous app (Dynamics AX) is not SAS compatible and will be removed from the store in February and should be replaced with the new app with 2012 in the name.
Many titles are given to the role of ERP Administrator, such as the IT Manager, Business Analyst, System Manager or Admin, and in some companies CIO (Chief Information Officer) and of all of them, past...(read more)