- RSS Channel Showcase 4797191
- RSS Channel Showcase 8959689
- RSS Channel Showcase 2228601
- RSS Channel Showcase 6832094
Articles on this Page
- 01/27/17--04:44: _Unifying Divisions
- 01/27/17--05:05: _Sort Activities by ...
- 01/27/17--06:09: _[KB] Managing Dynam...
- 01/27/17--06:18: _Microsoft Business ...
- 01/27/17--06:28: _Microsoft Dynamics ...
- 01/27/17--06:40: _From the Microsoft ...
- 01/27/17--06:56: _From the Microsoft ...
- 01/27/17--07:03: _Hosk’s Top Dynamics...
- 01/27/17--07:16: _From the Microsoft ...
- 01/27/17--07:20: _Benefits of Using G...
- 01/27/17--07:42: _Dynamics 365 – Who ...
- 01/27/17--07:51: _3 Ways to Reduce Da...
- 01/27/17--07:57: _Microsoft Dynamics ...
- 01/27/17--08:14: _Deploying Microsoft...
- 01/27/17--09:37: _Why Traditional Inv...
- 01/27/17--10:36: _Why is Microsoft Dy...
- 01/27/17--10:47: _PLAYER 365 Helps Ca...
- 01/27/17--11:30: _The Dynamics GP Blo...
- 01/27/17--12:06: _Microsoft’s New Pow...
- 01/27/17--12:52: _Moving back on-prem...
- 01/27/17--04:44: Unifying Divisions
- 01/27/17--05:05: Sort Activities by Custom Date fields on the Social/Activity Pane
- 01/27/17--06:09: [KB] Managing Dynamics 365 (Online) Storage
- 01/27/17--06:18: Microsoft Business Application Platform (nie) dla programistów
- Create Advanced Charts in Dynamics NAV
- How to Implement a Copy Loop in Word Report Layouts
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 and the Change Log
- Set Filter in Report Using Text Variable in NAV - Tips, Tricks & Facts #10
- 01/27/17--07:03: Hosk’s Top Dynamics 365 Articles of the week – 27th January
- The only limitation to what you can develop is the person developing it #HoskWisdom
- The end always triggers a beginning #HoskWisdom
- The pressure to make things complex will be great but you must keep it as simple as possible #HoskWisdom
- Don’t waste words, make every one count #HoskWisdom
- Don’t blame other people for your failures #HoskWisdom
- Constantly talking about doing something is a barrier to doing something #HoskWisdom
- It’s not just what you say but how you say it #HoskWisdom
- if you tried your hardest you have nothing to regret #HoskWisdom
- If something has no value, stop measuring it #HoskWisdom
- Contributing to a successful team is better than achieving personal goals #HoskWisdom
- Don’t over think and under act #HoskWisdom
- The difficulty working with cowboy coders is dealing with the all *** that comes from their code and horses #HoskCodeWisdom
- Increasing people on a project increases complexity of working, colloborating and communicating #HoskWisdom
- When I see someone crying when their football team has lost, I want to tell them they need to take football more seriously #HoskWisdom
- Respect silence, its thinking time #HoskWisdom
- You cant solve all of life’s problems in a day but you can start with one of your own #HoskWisdom
- Strategy Concepts of Bill Belichick: A Leadership Case Study of the New England Patriots Head Coach
- How to Manage People
- Winners: And How They Succeed
- The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
- Scrum Mastery: From Good To Great Servant-Leadership
- War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team – 7/10 talks about the back room staff as well as Bill
- The Education of a Coach – 7/10 interesting to learn about Bill Belichick and his methods
- Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness through Situational Leadership 6/10 very small and bit annoying, glad I borrowed it from the library
- Everything and Anything you wanted to know about SUTA in Microsoft Dynamics GP!
- SQL Script to Log Into Each Company
- A Less Than Ideal Dynamics GP SQL Server Setup
- Updating Dynamics GP Data Directly in SQL
- 01/27/17--07:20: Benefits of Using GP Project Accounting
- 01/27/17--07:42: Dynamics 365 – Who is Your Uber?
- 01/27/17--07:51: 3 Ways to Reduce Data Entry in Dynamics NAV
- 01/27/17--07:57: Microsoft Dynamics GP January 2017 Hotfix....RELEASED
- Cloud identity. In this scenario, accounts are managed in Office 365 only. All the administration is done in the cloud, requiring no on-premise servers to manage the accounts.
- Synchronized identity. In this particular case, your on-premise directory objects are synchronized with Office 365, with the bulk of the administration done from your on-premise server. Passwords can be synchronized such that users have the same password both on-premises and in the cloud. The downside to this approach is, users will need to sign in twice: once to the local domain and yet again to access Office 365.
- Federated identity. This identity management model allows you to synchronize your on-premises directory objects with Office 365 and manage your users on-premises. The users have the same password on-premises and in the cloud, and they do not have to sign in again to use Office 365. This is often referred to as single sign-on.
- Vendors send invoices through the mail. Someone in your mailroom or Accounts Payable department opens the envelopes, removes the invoice, flattens it and stamps a receive date on it.
- In Accounts Payable, a clerk takes the stack of invoices and wades through files of purchase orders to find a match for the invoice. If a match isn’t found, the clerk keeps a copy of the invoice and forwards it to the appropriate department head for approval. When the approved invoice is returned to AP, it is put into the stack for data entry.
- All matched invoices are entered into the Accounting software or Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Matching invoices are routed to senior management. The senior manager does whatever final checks are required and authorizes the invoices to be included in a check run.
- The invoices approved for final payment are included in the list of checks to be printed and then the printed checks are folded, put into envelopes, sealed, stamped and sent to the post office.
- Instead of manually stacking up paper invoices for processing, the invoices would be scanned into an automated system. Information on the invoices would be extracted as necessary to set up the AP process. In the best of all worlds, your vendors would have an automated system as well. This would allow them to just send a digital version of their invoice, which reduces the time to complete this step even further.
- Instead of manually matching invoices, the system would instantly match invoices to purchase orders. If an invoice couldn’t be matched, it could be automatically forwarded to the department head for approval.
- Data entry wouldn’t be required due to the automation in steps one and two.
- Reduced requirements for paper storage, thereby reducing or eliminating the need for offsite document storage and rescuing office space.
- Money saved by taking advantage of early pay discounts and avoiding late payment fees.
- Increased security that discourages or eliminates fraud.
- Better reporting and planning capabilities.
- 01/27/17--10:36: Why is Microsoft Dynamics SL easy to use?
- 01/27/17--10:47: PLAYER 365 Helps Casino Hosts Connect to Players
- Player profile and contact information for guests assigned to a Casino Host
- Player summary and gaming activity in real-time with “My Players on the Floor” showing the current player location to make them easy to find
- Access Player historical gaming activity of each visit including Theoretical Win summaries in addition to game preference and play statistics.
- Available Player offers with recently used incentives to encourage players to take advantage of all available offers and discover player preferences
- “Player Touch” details with reminders to invite guests to return to participate in events. Collect guest contact notes in a single place for multiple Hosts to review
- 01/27/17--12:06: Microsoft’s New PowerApps Makes Building Business Apps Easier
- Quickly create apps that work on any device using templates to get started quickly and a visual designer to automate workflows
- Use built-in connections or ones customized by your company to connect PowerApps to cloud services such as Office 365, Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, Dropbox, OneDrive, and on-premises systems including SharePoint, SQL Server, Oracle databases, SAP and more
- Share PowerApps like documents. It’s as simple as typing an email address and your coworkers can take advantage of an app you created
- PowerApps includes Azure App Service for employee-facing apps so native web and mobile apps get into employee hands faster than ever
- Build additional data connections and APIs to any existing business systems, thus empowering any users in your organization to create the apps they need
- Data security and privacy controls are respected by PowerApps, so you can manage data access and maintain corporate policies.
- Common Data Model
- Dynamics CRM Online
- OneDrive for Business
- Browse Screen
- Detail Screen
- Edit Screen
- Browse Items, One line Description
- Browse Items, One line Description, Rating
- Browse Items, Thumbnail image, Header and Description
- Browse Items, Header and Description
- Browse Items, Header, Sub Header and Description
- Browse Items, Header, Sub Header, Description and Footer
- Browse Items, Header, Description and Link
- Browse Items, Grid with Pictures
- Browse Items, Header, Pictures, Description and Footer
- Text Box
- Add a screen
- Add a data connection
- Show a list of items
- Add a form
- Show the current user
- Add a list control
- Add a chart
- Add multimedia
- Scan a barcode
- Add a flow
- Add a scrolling screen
- Build a global app
- Add a screen
Introduction to Microsoft PowerApps
Getting Started with PowerApps Tutorial
- 01/27/17--12:52: Moving back on-premise (for now)
Whether it’s an organization that was built through acquisition or one that expanded rapidly into new markets, a business with multiple divisions is ripe for improvements that come by unifying operations under a single ERP solution with the power and flexibility to streamline processes and improve profitability.
Like any effort to implement an ERP system, the planning phase of an initiative to consolidate software systems and business processes is crucial. Time must be allocated to properly analyze all processes across divisions, getting a clear picture of the way things currently get done throughout the organization. The goal is to intermesh all these processes in the ERP system, picking and choosing what works best for the organization as a whole. At this point, working with an outside consultant with expertise in transforming business processes can help optimize the end result of a unified organization.
A cross-functional team must be assembled from each of the divisions to gather requirements from throughout the organization. These team members should be eager to learn because time spent in the unification process will stretch them beyond their normal role. They also need a commitment to the success of the company that will carry them through the inevitable trial of successfully implementing an ERP system. Crucial to overcoming these trials is getting and maintaining buy-in from executives. Members of the team and all employees must know that the executive team has made the unification a priority that will result in the success of the company.
When the time comes to go live with the unified system, the implementation team should be on alert to keep track of the issues that come up. The team that was gathered for planning and implementation should continue to meet during the go-live process. It is an opportunity to verify that the implementation accomplished goals and to create documentation for users to help them adopt both the ERP system and new processes that are driving it.
There are many benefits to unifying an organization’s divisions under a single ERP system. It often results in improved processes and saved costs by eliminating redundancies. The power of Business Intelligence can be unleased on data from different divisions, providing real-time analytics and reports across the entire organization. And the organization becomes more nimble, ready to adapt to market changes affecting any of its divisions.
Dynamics 365 added a new “Sort Date” field (attribute) in Activity entity. With the addition of this new attribute, we can now set the Sort Date field as per customer requirement.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Online) Plan 1 Business Application subscriptions provides 10GB of storage, and provides free additional 5GB for every 20 full users. There is no cap on the amount of free storage...(read more)
W ostatnich miesiącach Microsoft udostępnił szereg aplikacji będących częścią tzw. „Microsoft Business Application Platform”. Oprócz dostępnego już wcześniej Microsoft Power BI (Business Intelligence...(read more)
In this week's Microsoft Dynamics Partner News Roundup: mcaConnect's D365 for Energy Enterprise Solution is Now Available to be Hosted in Microsoft Azure HBD Industries Selects Microsoft Dynamics 365 and mcaConnect to Enable World ...read more
A selection of the latest insight from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV blogs:
Create Advanced Charts in Dynamics NAV
On the Boyer & Associates blog, Kate Morgan explained that there are many pages in Microsoft Dynamics NAV with list views, including customers, Items, vendors, sales orders and purchase orders.
However, Morgan stated that it can be helpful to have a quick visualization of some important business metrics without having to filter the list data. I...
A selection of the latest insight from the Microsoft Dynamics AX blogs: AX for Retail - How to clear a Stuck Transaction in the MPOS Cart Extension Methods in X++ Units and Unit Conversions Quick Tip: FastTab Summaries ...read more
Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort. John Ruskin
#HoskWisdom Favoutes this week
Articles of the week
Good run through portal capabilities, a detailed step by step guide
Best of the rest
The Hosk – currently reading
The Hosk – just finished reading
A collection of my favourite CRM Developer articles I have written
All the CRM 2013 content to help you pass the exam
When you are going through project hell, don’t stop to create the nice to have features #HoskCodeWisdom
Quick fixes are never quick and usually add technical debt, so take longer and do it properly #HoskCodeWisdom
If not managed properly, adding more people to a project can slow it down instead of speeding it up #HoskCodeWisdom
Don’t waste time adding functionality the user might like but hasn’t asked for #HoskCodeWisdom
Never optimize code unless you have to #HoskCodeWisdom
Scrum master should never have answers they should ask the team for answers #HoskCodeWisdom
Writing code is simple but writing simple code is the hardest thing you can code #HoskCodeWisdom
You need to love code with your heart and write code with your head if you want to be good programmer #HoskCodeWisdom
Creating bugs bothers good developers #HoskCodeWisdom
If you don’t find writing code fun, you will never be good developer #HoskCodeWisdom
If you don’t control technical debt, it controls you and the horse you rode in on #HoskCodeWisdom
You cannot be the master coding because some days the code wins and you lose #HoskCodeWisdom
When programmers think they are good, code will find a way for you to waste a whole day on something which doesn’t work #HoskCodeWisdom
Filed under: CRM 2015, CRM 2016, Dynamics 365, Hosk CRM Dev, Hosk’s Top CRM articles of the week
A selection of the latest insight from the Microsoft Dynamics GP blogs:
Everything and Anything you wanted to know about SUTA in Microsoft Dynamics GP!
On the Dynamics GP Support and Services Blog, Terry Heley wrote a detailed post about the ins and outs of how the SUTA (State Unemployment Tax Authority) calculates.
In her post, Heley noted that even though a FUTA (Federal Unemployment Tax Act) report was right on the money, the SUTA could still be wrong.
Dynamics GP offers Project Accounting as part of the Dynamics GP Extended Pack of modules and functionality. This module allows for uses across many industries. Examples of such would be as follows:
Professional Service firms, companies with large capital/construction costs, government funded businesses with strict budget requirements and companies with fluctuating funding such as Not-for-Profit organizations.
For a basic overview of Project Accounting in GP, please view this 14 minute video:
Project Accounting https://youtu.be/bToyoqAM_uY
We’d now like to explore some specific examples of what Project Accounting(PA) can do. Our first example would cover the professional services sector.
A CPA firm has a client they perform multiple services for audit, review, consulting work. PA helps to track and record work performed for that client for all those various services. As work is performed, employees can utilize time sheets in PA which can be approved by managers and charged against the engagement. Tax work performed for a client can be approved by automatically routing employee time sheets to a tax manager or additional levels of hierarchy, for example a relationship manager by using GP Workflow.
Here is a video link for GP Workflow if you are not familiar with it:
Companies with large capital/construction costs can use PA to help track expenses during the various development and construction phases of a project. With this type of project, we would focus on Purchase Order processing and inventory to record purchasing and material costs against the project. Use of your own equipment (like backhoes) can be recorded like material and labor.
We’ve found that many companies attempting to capture expenses against strict budgets end up overloading their GL chart of accounts and find that PA is a good solution for tracking expenses/costs against budgets. An example would be a grant you may have for a year – instead of adding it to the GL you can create a project for it in PA. PA then allows you to use profit and loss statements out of it for your reporting. PA comes with pre-built financial statements like p/l, project cost breakdown and project agings right out of the box preventing you from having to create financial statements in MR or any other reporting tool.
Contact your Dynamics GP consulting firm to explore the time and costs involved in getting Project Accounting set up in your system and tailored to your organization’s needs.
I don’t know about you, but these feel like the most “disruptive” of times that I can recall, and I can guarantee that I am older than most people who read my posts. Companies like Uber are disrupting century-old, facility, asset and people heavy industries, like the Taxi business… with freaking software!
Where are you in this landscape? Uber, or Taxi?
Smaller organizations are winning against larger corporations everyday… with technology alone. If you look across any industry, even yours, the once dominant players are facing stiff competition from competitors, who seemingly came out of nowhere, but digitally transformed themselves, and are changing the established rules of the game… your game. I think there are really only three types of businesses in the entire world: a few who are ahead of the curve, like Uber, who are disrupting existing norms and literally taking whatever they want. On the other end, are a significant number that seem to be operating on the hope that they will be sold or can retire, before they get “Ubered”. Lastly, there is the big fat middle, swimming along without a care in the world, oblivious to the “Uber” Sharks circling them, like the Taxi industry was. In almost every industry today, your choice is to either disrupt, or be disrupted… there is no third choice.
Technology Drives Disruption
How do you disrupt? Well, when you look at the big market and industry shaking disruptors today, like Uber, NetFlix and Amazon, for example, they all have one secret weapon. They are in front of the technology curve… not on it… not behind it. They use technology to pummel the established inhabitants of the space they invade. Whacking them over the head with a technological sword that the recipient did not even know existed. To be fair, these well-known disruptors now have zillions of dollars, to continue to invest in technology, to continue to stay ahead of the curve. Uber knocked the Taxi Cab Industry down, fast and hard… they do not plan on letting up. But they did not start with zillions of dollars. When they first started they were probably not any better capitalized than you are now. The difference is that they invested that meager capital into technology… to build a sword. They did not have an advantage over you, they just chose to invest smarter than you have. But you can play that game too.
A Microsoft Fanboy
Yup, I admit it, I am a huge fan of what Microsoft is doing. Microsoft is disrupting by providing the tools for others to disrupt. Sure, there are other providers of this kind of technology, and many had been way ahead of Microsoft. Under their former leadership, Microsoft was starting to catch up, but with the Satya Nadella regime change, Microsoft has quickly blown past everybody and left them spinning on their heals. Microsoft is now the company to catch up to. It is amazing what can be achieved with the right people and a huge war-chest of cash. The biggest challenge for Microsoft today, is their partners keeping up with them, and that is no small problem. Microsoft partners are also being disrupted. Before moving to Microsoft, many of you know, we were Salesforce.com consultants; back then, Salesforce.com was the disruptor. From over there, it became clear to me that Microsoft was on an alternate trajectory, not so much trying to catch up with Salesforce.com, but rather on a course plotted to intersect way beyond. We jumped trains.
The Game Board
So how has Microsoft invested their massive war-chest? The lion’s share of their investment has come in areas where few others have the ability to invest at similar scale: the platform. From not even being on the map a few years ago, Microsoft now has over 34 massive Azure Cloud Data-centers around the globe; to put that into context, that is more than Amazon, and more than Google…combined. That is insane! But this has not just a race to throw up cloud data centers faster than anybody else, they also built these better than the existing state-of-the-art. To be fair, state-of-the-art is easy to redefine when you are so late to the party; by comparison all other data centers are old… because they were built first. So there is actually a significant advantage to coming in late (ya see what I did there?). Microsoft was able to take advantage of seeing what existed, and improving on it. For example, all customer deployments include Disaster Recovery, automatically, with a recovery time of less than 1 hour. The prior State-of-the-Art was days! Also, Azure SQL Database Elastic Pools is an entirely different way of managing SaaS, which provides more capabilities at a lower cost. All customer deployments provide High Availability, not just the enterprise customers… but all of them! All customer data is fully protected by encryption at rest… and the customer has the damn key! Another area that Microsoft’s platform has blown past everybody is in compliance, nobody has more compliance certifications than Microsoft does, not by a long-shot. It’s no wonder, that when I hear a SMB customer say they think their data is safer in their own hands, I think, “You’re a Moron”. The only valid reason to not use cloud today would be some legitimate “technical” limitation, and those are few. All other reasons are B.S., Microsoft has put you in Check-Mate.
The Game Pieces
It is no question that Azure is the Queen of the Microsoft platform game board; Office 365 is the Rook, and Dynamics 365 is the Bishop, but they both ride on the queen’s powerful coattails. Together, they are the most powerful pieces on the board. With the adept use of just these pieces, you can easily decimate your opponent in chess, and in business. Business is rapidly becoming a zero-sum game; your gain is someone else’s loss, and vice versa. Even the Disruptors with altruistic goals, will achieve those at the financial expense of those who they disrupt. The pie is not growing as fast as these guys can eat it… they will take your slice. Maybe you should consider becoming a pie-eater, maybe you already are considering it, but are not sure where to begin. In case none of this has sunk in yet, technology is where you start. To steal a phase from Survivor, you must “Outwit, Outplay and Outlast” your competition.
Weaponizing a Utility
The first step in becoming a disruptor is to change your thinking. Way too many Businesses, and SMB in particular, think of technology as a utility. I want you to close your eyes and think about what technology as a weapon means. When used as a weapon, technology means that you “know” more than your competitor, about your customers and about your industry. It means you are faster than your competitors, faster to respond and faster to perform. It means, to paraphrase Wayne Gretzky, being were the puck is going to be, while your competition is where it is now.
In order to use technology as a weapon, it must be light and fast. This is where the cloud comes in. If 3/4 of your technology investment goes to maintaining infrastructure, you are fat, and your sword is heavy. Forget about all of the reasons that you have used to convinced yourself that cloud is not right for you, and instead think about having a lighter sword. Your reasons are B.S. anyway. If the cloud is the sword, then Office 365 and Dynamics 365 are the two sharp edges. With the Office 365 edge, you slice the chain, releasing the heavy ball holding your Productivity back. With the Dynamics 365 edge, you cut the rope holding the gate blocking your ability to “see”, and be, ahead of your competition.
In future posts I will discuss these sword edges in more detail.
Reducing data entry is something everyone strives for in order to maximize their time. In Dynamics NAV there are several functionalities that you can use to minimize the time spent doing data entry. Three of these useful functions and how to implement ...read more
There is no slowing down right? Year end for US and Canada and now a January Hotfix too? Yes....someone always tells me change is good and everything is changing, fast!
The January hotfix is intended...(read more)
Hi! As of late I have been seeing a number of questions on forums about deploying Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Client using Office 365 identity. So I figured I would take a deep dive look into this topic, by providing a bit of background and steps to achieve a successful deployment. What you need to know is, you have a range of options.
Office 365 uses Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) cloud-based user authentication service to manage users. This service provides 3 identity models that can be used to manage user accounts:
The following video describes in more detail how each of these identity models work:
Most organizations will fall within the Synchronized or Federated model, but as more and more organizations move to a pure cloud model, cloud identities are becoming very common.
In my next article, I will go into the pre-requisites to deploy Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Client with Office 365.
Until next post!
Mariano Gomez, MVP
Most companies have well-designed invoice processing procedures that were perfected early in the company’s history. However, the benefits of those traditional invoice processing best practices are far outweighed by the benefits that automated invoice processing is producing.
Traditional Invoice Processing
The best way to make a comparison is to start with a description of how processing invoices usually works now. Certainly, there are variations, but the description below summarizes a traditional process.
What a Difference Automation Can Make!
When you automate invoice processing, the first benefit you’ll notice is a huge time savings. You may not think too much about the first three steps in the process above because they’re so familiar, but consider the time that an automated system can save.
Senior management review can always be time-consuming. That manager is usually busy and an intimidating stack of paper invoices to be reviewed can strike fear into the most intrepid of executives. In addition, the manager may well be traveling on a regular basis, which introduces a completely new set of problems.
Automated invoice processing changes everything in step four. The manager would receive the matched invoices electronically, whether they’re in the office or not. The final approval process is fast and streamlined.
Step five had usually remained the same, however, payment automation has now become an important step in the payables cycle. Electronic payments via virtual credit cards, for example, will eliminate the manual labor in step five and save a great deal of money on company resources, paper processing and postage.
The Benefits Just Keep on Coming
The most obvious benefits to automating AP are time savings and all that represents. Here is a list of just some of the other benefits you’ll receive:
Microsoft Dynamics SL is an accounting software solution that is designed to meet the unique needs of financial service companies. Microsoft Dynamics SL helps you connect management and accounting, streamline business processes, and deliver insight across your entire business. A more comprehensive approach improves the accuracy and integrity of insight that you can gain with actuarial, financial, and operational risk. Microsoft Dynamics SL delivers breakthrough insight into business performance and profitability, improve combined and loss ratios, and provide an integrated view of enterprise-wide risk exposure.
Give people a solution they’ll want to use, and help your business thrive. Designed to work like and with Microsoft Office products, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft Word, Microsoft Dynamics SL helps reduce training time and costs. People can get started right away using role-based menus, activity panes, and quick lists that make it easy to prioritize tasks. Enhanced search features let you find what you need by simply typing a few words, and provide a history of recently-viewed reports and screens.
Additionally, Businesses can choose what works best for them when it comes to software installation and deployment. Dynamics SL offers two options that take the unique needs of each business into account, while still offering a high level of functionality. Organizations can choose to deploy SL directly on their on premise servers or by using a remote hosting center and accessing SL through the Internet. This flexibility means that businesses lacking IT infrastructure don’t need to add significant additional costs to implementation.
With Microsoft Dynamics SL, you can go beyond basic reporting with a host of features designed to place the information you need at your fingertips. Get a predefined, role-based view of data by using Quick Query to filter, customize, or drill back to the original transaction—and easily export to Microsoft Excel for further review. Transform your business strategies with quick access to advanced analytics for project, distribution, and financial data, and make sure that data is current with refreshable analytic cubes. You can also convert unwieldy volumes of data into concise, relevant information to be shared across your organization with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Accountnet helps companies get up and running with Microsoft Dynamics. We don’t just install and configure the software – we train your accounting staff to use it to create the reports they need, so they can analyze data as needed. Our solutions give both technical and non-technical employees the information they need to do their jobs well — wherever they are, in whatever application they choose to use. Take the next step towards growth with Microsoft Dynamics SL. Contact us at Accountnet to learn more.
Written by Accountnet, Inc.
Tribal gaming organizations operate in an ever-changing industry and are competing to attract guests. Player development is an important Marketing function to bring in new gaming customers in addition to maintaining existing casino patrons that are profitable to the gaming organization. Casino Hosts are the face of this Marketing team that the casino patron is familiar and become the “go-to” person when a problem arises.
Casino Hosts are always looking for innovative ways to have guest information “just in time” to congratulate guests that have a successful day and provide offers to guests if their play is not in their favor. Being aware of the situation on the floor gives a Casino Host tools to connect with their active guests and provide a “personal touch” to make a connection and improve the guest experience.
Player Development is a key program that can enable your Casino Host staff to become a critical revenue generating part of your casino. Tribal Platforms™ PLAYER 365 solution can be a tool to provide information to create a group of “rock star” Casino Hosts.
Tribal Platforms™ PLAYER 365 is a mobile-enabled solution based on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform that provides a holistic view of a player and their gaming activity within the casino. Key benefits include:
Player Management Redefined
Casino Hosts are looking for ways to have guest information when they are on the casino floor. Get your Casino Hosts out of the office and out in the action being in contact with guests. Knowing when a guest is “on the floor” and where they are located provides Hosts an ability to prioritize guest contacts and spend their time wisely. Putting this powerful information on a mobile device that updates in real-time allows Hosts to spend more time face to face with high-value guests.
Casino Hosts ability to take electronic notes after a guest conversation frees them from excess paperwork or forgetting details. These electronic notes are always available and allow any Casino Host to assess the “Last Player Touch” date and work to reconnect.
Across the Tribal Gaming Industry, organizations invest in Casino Hosts to engage guests and build a stronger relationship. Tribal Platforms™ PLAYER 365 provides information and insight so that Hosts can significantly improve guest relations. The goal is to allow a Casino Host to expand their customer service to help guests feel valued and treat them like VIP’s which results in improved guest loyalty and higher revenue.
By Bryan Schmidt, Consulting Manager - Development, Business Applications , Arctic Information Technology firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Mariano: (Note that the audio may auto play)
PowerApps is a new service for building and using custom business apps that connect to your data. It also works across the web and mobile – without the time and expense of custom software development. Today’s blog will walk you through the process of generating an app using a trial version of Dynamics 365 online.
Let’s start off with a little background. PowerApps connects to existing data sources and services including Dynamics 365, OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint, Salesforce, Excel, Google Drive, and Dropbox, to automatically generate a meaningful business app for your business. You can instantly publish apps via web and mobile including laptops, tablets, and phones (Android, iOS, and Windows). It also allows you to work in a visual designer to customize a fully-functional app and build apps that use device capabilities including cameras, GPS, and pen control. And the best part is that you get all of this without having to code!
PowerApps Works for Employees and Developers
Perks for employees:
Perks for developers and IT professionals:
Generating an App Automatically
You can quickly generate apps using data sources such as:
Generating an App Using a Trial Version of Dynamics 365 Online:
Open Microsoft PowerApps and Select New
Select Dynamics 365|
Select New Connection
Select Dynamics CRM Online & Select Connect
Select Power Objects (Note: this will connect to the Dynamics CRM Instance associated with you PowerApps login)|
Displays all entities for the CRM instance
Select an Entity& select Connect (Note: for this blog, I have chosen the contacts entity)|
Building the Phone App Templates|
PowerApps OOB display 3 Screen templates
Each Template will have multiple corresponding Screen Layouts.
Fields can be added to the Detail Screen layout by drag and drop Entity Fields
Individual Fields can be formatted
You can add a variety of controls to your app, and configure their properties directly, from the toolbar, or in the formula bar.|
You can also add any control in a variety of categories by clicking the Insert tab of the toolbar and selecting any of the following categories.
And there you have it! For more information on PowerApps, check out the Microsoft resources below.
One of my clients is experiencing a very poor performance on CRM online. The client is about to go live with the new system, but this week during an internal demo (for the key users) the key users complained...(read more)