Articles on this Page
- 01/04/19--10:31: _The geographical po...
- 01/04/19--10:53: _New Dual Currency i...
- 01/04/19--11:00: _Auto-numbering in D...
- 01/04/19--12:10: _How to Prepare for ...
- 01/04/19--12:54: _Service Management ...
- 01/04/19--13:29: _Print Send To Excel...
- 01/04/19--13:56: _Employer Health Tax...
- 01/04/19--22:40: _Some notes on vendo...
- 01/04/19--23:01: _List of best blog ...
- 01/05/19--01:17: _InoLink New Release...
- 01/05/19--06:07: _Using ‘Clone a Patc...
- 01/05/19--08:03: _Control Add-In in B...
- 01/05/19--11:39: _Dynamics 365 for Fi...
- 01/05/19--12:39: _Table Metadata Expo...
- 01/06/19--02:11: _Stop sending appoin...
- 01/06/19--03:18: _The label ‘Tab’, id...
- 01/06/19--12:30: _Could not load file...
- 01/06/19--12:31: _How Do I : Create a...
- 01/06/19--13:23: _Business Central Te...
- 01/07/19--00:18: _Email invoices usin...
- 01/04/19--10:31: The geographical position question.
- 01/04/19--10:53: New Dual Currency in F&O v8.1 - Fixed Asset Considerations
- 01/04/19--11:00: Auto-numbering in D365 Customer Engagement Version 9
- Early descriptions of the feature indicated that it was necessary to define a field as auto-number as it was being added to the schema. However, experimentation has shown that it is possible to add the feature to an existing text field. This means that you can add auto-numbering to a text field that already exists in your Org – you don’t need to deprecate the field and use a new one, or go through the tedious process of removing dependencies, dropping the field, re-adding it with the new data type and putting the dependencies back in.
- V9 Auto-number fields are text fields with an additional property indicating that they are to have auto-numbering applied.
- Adding this property does not affect any data in existing records. But it does make the field read-only. Any new records will be assigned a value by the built-in auto-number plugin. The auto-number plugin runs pre-create on the creation of a new record.
- If you import a solution from an Org that has a field defined as auto-number into a D365 Org in which the same field is defined as plain text, it will add that property and the field will be updated to auto-number.
- However, if you import a solution from an Org that has a field defined as plain text into an Org in which the same field is defined as auto-numbered, it remains auto-numbered and none of the numbering is affected.
- Importing an auto-numbered field into a new org restarts the numbering sequence for seeding at the default of 1001 for the next added record. This occurs whether it is a new or updated field – it uses the database “sequence” function, and the solution has no awareness of the last used number in the source D365 Org. For more information on this, see the details under Set Seed Value in the Microsoft documentation referenced above.
- If Imported records have data, they will retain the same value that they are brought in with. If there is no data in the field (either brought in with no data in the CSV or if the field is not present), they will be assigned sequence numbers when imported.
- There is no guarantee that the numbers applied are unique. If a pre-existing record has a number that will be assigned by the feature at some point in the future, the feature will apply that number. If a record is imported with a value in the sequence number field that is also present in the database, it will generate a duplicate number (unless you defined the auto-number field as an alternate key).
- 01/04/19--12:10: How to Prepare for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central in 2019?
- Safeguard your business by setting up role-based security to keep your data protected and be prepared for the unexpected so your business never misses a beat.
- Do business anywhere — get the benefits of more mobilization with Power BI, which can access dashboards and information and have them work together wherever you are located.
- Effectively manage finances with powerful business applications that are quick to deploy, like Workflow, easy to use and can enable more growth for your business needs.
- 01/04/19--12:54: Service Management Done Right with Business Central
- Scheduling of service calls and the set-up of service orders
- Tracking of repair parts and supplies
- Assignment of service personnel based on skill and availability
- Provision of service estimates and service invoices
- Setting Up Service Management – This includes fault codes, policies, default documents and templates.
- Planning Service – Here, you can manage service pricing, create service items and understand how to monitor progress.
- Fulfilling Service Contracts – Create and manage contractual agreements between you and your clients.
- Delivering Service – As its name implies, this area of function allows you to provide service to customers and invoice service orders.
- 01/04/19--13:29: Print Send To Excel do not export all columns
- 01/04/19--13:56: Employer Health Tax Information for BC
- 01/04/19--22:40: Some notes on vendor payment advices in MSDyn365FO
- 01/05/19--06:07: Using ‘Clone a Patch’ &‘Clone Solution’ in D365 Solutions
- 01/05/19--08:03: Control Add-In in Business Central
- 01/05/19--11:39: Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Table Caching: Basic Rules
- 01/06/19--02:11: Stop sending appointment-invitation to attendees
- 01/06/19--12:31: How Do I : Create a Document Report, and layout, in VSCode? (part2)
- 01/06/19--13:23: Business Central Telemetry Part 1: Consuming the API
- 01/07/19--00:18: Email invoices using different From addresses in D365FO
Sometimes we need to save geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude) where our employees do some transactions in Dynamics. This summer I strongly wanted to replace this geo-position system suggested...(read more)
The new Dual Currency features added in version 8.1 include elements beyond just the General ledger. A number of modules, including Fixed assets, are impacted. (Read about Dual Currency here ). Reading...(read more)
There is a new feature in V9 that allows us to define a field type as “auto-number.” As a few Microsoft Dynamics 365 commentators have noted, there is no way as yet to set a field as auto-number from the UI. It must be done using the API.
For more information, see Microsoft’s documentation at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/create-auto-number-attributes.
There are a few installable solutions and external tools available that can do this for you, but that is outside the scope of this blog. Today, we’re talking about some of the things we’ve learned about the behavior of auto-numbered fields when importing data or solutions.
Hopefully, you find these learnings helpful. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more Dynamics 365 tips and tricks!
Microsoft's all-in-one business management solution for small and medium sized businesses is now available in the cloud as a robust, scalable solution to take your business to the next level. Dynamics 365 Business Central brings the full power of Dynamics to the cloud, as a modern solution for modern businesses. Business Central has at its foundation, a set of trusted, proven technologies in a single, end-to-end application. The end-to-end solution gives users a fresh, modern experience that is designed to optimize business processes and maximize productivity.
Providing ongoing service to customers is an important part of any business, and one that can represent a source of customer satisfaction and loyalty – to say nothing of the addition to revenue. Still, tracking and managing service are actions that are not always easy, and Dynamics 365 Business Central has come to the rescue with a set of tools to help and support repair shop/field service operations. These tools can even be used in business scenarios including complex customer service distribution systems, industrial service environments with bills of materials and high-volume dispatching of service technicians with requirements for spare parts management.
What’s more, coding can be standardized, contracts can be set-up, discounting policies can be configured and route maps for service employees can be created.
Generally speaking, there are two aspects when it comes to service management: Configuring and setting up your system, plus using it for pricing, contracts, orders, service personnel dispatch and job scheduling. To that end, Business Central performs the following tasks based on specific areas:
Let’s take a closer yet brief look at each of these elements:
Setting up Service Management
There are a few things you will need to set up before you can start using Service Management features in Business Central, beginning with establishing coding for standard services, symptoms and fault codes and the service items and service item types that your company’s customer service needs demand. When you set up Service Management, you must decide what services to offer customers and the schedule for those services – keeping in mind that a “service” is a type of work performed by one or more resources which is provided to a customer (for example, a type of computer repair) and that a “service item” is the equipment or item needing servicing (for example, the computer needing repair, installed for a specific customer).
Services can be set up via Business Central as part of a group or related repair/maintenance items.
Through the magic of Business Central, you can set up the standard tasks required to fulfill your customer service requirements; to accomplish this, you must determine what service items and offerings your service organization supports – and at what price. Business Central also provides some statistical tools that you can use to determine how well things are going while identifying areas that need improvement.
Fulfilling Service Contracts
Want to create contract templates that include necessary information such as customer, start date of contract and invoice period? It’s all possible with Service Management by Business Central.
After you set up such templates, you can customize the resulting contract to keep track of service hours or other items that may vary from customer to customer. You can also set up a contract manually via a service contract quote and even adjust your service pricing to keep track of discounts that a specific client qualifies for, all by specifying the discount amount on the Service Contract page.
Imagine being able to deliver service according to the contracts that you have created and the service orders that you have committed to fulfilling…Business Central provides features for this, as well, in which your service techs or dispatchers will find outstanding service orders easy to locate when they use the Dispatch Board.
Another way to review pending service orders is to utilize the Service Tasks page; in this view of your service obligations, you can see where in your service workflow an order has change its status to reflect interactions with your customer.
Few weeks ago, I ran into a strange issue and in this blog I will discuss the issue and the solution which worked for me. I got a requirement to add the salesperson code and sell-to customer name to the...(read more)
Employer Health Tax Information for BC The new British Columbia Employer Health Tax took effect on January 1, 2019. If you are an employer in BC using Dynamics GP , then you’re going to be interested in the below information. How to Set Up EHT ...read more
In this webcast, I will demonstrate how one can modify the standard payment advice document and include company specific logos and modifications. In addition, the creation and Email transmission of payment...(read more)
Here collection of good articles / blog posts for Extension framework.
I just completed the customization using extension. Initially, it’s really tough for me. But with passage of time and my library of code snippet increased, I felt the power of extensions over old classic overlay concept. Even I used extension in custom forms instead write old age methods in controls and data sources.
Here are some links which are very helpful for me and worth to share.
Reports through extension:
Accounting system is an important unit of any organization. It comprises the intricate employee and transaction details along with expenses, and is handled by the Accounting team. With advent of time,...(read more)
Doing incremental deployments from Sandbox to Production is a part of every other D365 implementation.
And when do this, typically, you just create a new solution for every single time you move things...(read more)
Today I will discuss about how we can create control add-in using VS Code & Extensions in Business Central. We can create a control add-in the same way we created pages or code units. In Visual Studio...(read more)
In Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, the basic rules are still the same as with previous versions . The documentation links I have provided below are also specifying AX 2012 but again still relevant...(read more)
To be able to review the table and index application properties for D365FO tables and indexes (e.g. table caching, index fields, etc.), I created a new x++ class based on the previous AOT export in the...(read more)
Based on my previous post, CRM is sending appointments automatically to the attendees. But what if you don’t want CRM to send this appointments? The system itself has no option, to disable this behavior...(read more)
I had to transfer some forms of our test environment to our productive environment and therefore, I created a solution. In this solution all forms, fields and related items where added. I exported the...(read more)
We might get above error while using CRMSdk assemblies inside a console application. Just make sure there is no mismatch among the assembly’s version being used in the project to fix this issue.(read more)
Here I’m again, ready to continue this post ( http://thinkaboutit.be/2019/01/how-do-i-create-a-document-report-and-layout-in-vscode-part1 ). At this moment we have a dataset that fetches information from two tables: a header and a line, that are ...read more
With Business Central you get something called Business Central Admin Center , the place where tenant admins and delegated admins (the partner associated with the tenant) perform admin tasks like manage...(read more)
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operation, we usually get a requirement to email invoices from some dedicated From email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org ). Unfortunately, emailing reports...(read more)